- A short number of years ago I bought a Sabathil and Son double manual harpsichord. In the time I have owned it I have been very pleased with the tone and touch of the instrument. However, it was not until Victor Mio spent a scant hour working on the harpsichord that I fully realized how full and rich the tone is. It was an extraordinary transformation brought about in minimal time, and in a clearly highly skillful, knowledgable, and experienced manner. I would wholeheartedly recommend Victor to anyone looking for upkeep on their harpsichord or other keyboard instrument.
Tony Browning (Aurora, Ontario)
- Owning a vintage instrument is much like owning a vintage car...you need to have the skills to repair and maintain them, or know someone who does. I don't have those skills, so it was a great day when I found Victor's website. I had recently found a 1975 Stage Rhodes at a church that was in near-perfect cosmetic condition, but had apparently never been serviced in its 40 year life, so Victor did a complete restoration, bringing it up to "better than new" condition with the back-check and speed bump upgrades. I highly recommend these improvements on the playability of Rhodes pianos. Thank you Victor!
Denis Keldie (Toronto, Canada)
- "Victor is incredibly knowledgeable, detail oriented and provided a quick turn around at a great price. He diagnosed issues, many of which I wasn't even aware of, and kept me updated at every stage of the restoration. I'm beyond happy with the results and feel confident working in the studio knowing my Rhodes is in top working order. I will definitely be coming back to Victor with all future projects and restorations."
Erik Solarski "Soles" (Toronto, Canada)
- "I have worked with Victor for many years and have witnessed his excellent workmanship first hand. I am happy to recommend his services in Canada!"
Steve (Zuckermann Harpsichords International, Stonington, Connecticut, USA.)
- "When I came to Victor's place, all I desperately needed was a couple of harpsichord strings. When I went home with a smile on my face (and the strings in my pocket), I then realized that I had met a passionate man who was willing to share the universe of knowledge and craftsmanship that nurture his artistic sensitivity. I really thank Victor for letting me in into his world... and for the strings."
Alfonso (Toronto, Canada)
- "I recently purchased a 1977, 88 key Rhodes electric piano from Victor. He let me know that it had been poor condition when he got it but there is no suggestion of that now. Victor painstakingly restored every detail from the inner mechanisms to the legs, Tolex and paint job. He was careful to explain that he had adjusted the tone of the piano to his personal taste and even gave me direction on how to make changes. I appreciated the advice but I can't imagine improving on the sound. It is clear that Victor takes great pride in his work and he is deeply invested in ensuring that his customers are happy. I have asked for help several times since buying the piano and Victor has been fast to respond, detailed in his suggestions and even visited my house to make a small repair! I will recommend Victor's work to anyone interested in purchasing a high-quality instrument."
Paul (Toronto, Canada)
- "I contacted Victor to repair the bass hitch pin rail and soundboard of my Zuckermann Virginal. In addition, I requested a new paint job. He began working on the instrument when I received news that I needed to leave Toronto "in a few days" (rather than "a few weeks" as I had originally told Victor). He not only accepted the news of the rush graciously but did an excellent job as well! I highly recommend Victor's workmanship and services to anyone!"
Michael (New Brunswick, Canada)
- "Victor lovingly brought my unfinished instrument to life a few years ago. I call her Baby Z, because she is a Zuckermann - German - Single Manual, and she is also my namesake. He is like an uncle to her, as he periodically visits her and keeps her in excellent playing shape. Because he is so kind to Baby Z, I have welcomed Victor as our newest sponsor to TFCM."
Mary (Toronto, Canada)
For the entire article please visit this website.
- "Victor Mio restored our Rhodes Piano back to perfection. Meeting Victor was such a blessing as he is an honest and caring person who has an immense love for music. He builds and cares for unique instruments and is an excellent pianist!! Our experience was absolutely positive and we definitely recommend Victor!!"
Pierina and Ivan (Toronto, Canada)
[Contact Victor] for more information.